Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

Superbowl Sunday is here and I want the Giants to win! Okay, I know they are the underdogs, but I am still pulling for them to win! GO Giants!!!! I hope I can stay awake long enough to watch the game.
It is raining here today, but warm! Finally, some warm weather!! 63 today! Bear is in heaven as he has been able to stay outside on the deck today. It is covered in the front, so he doesn't mind the rain, as long as it is not stormy, just light rain. He does not like to get wet. If it sprinkles and he is outside, he is howling to come into the garage! Strange dog!
The birds have been quiet today, amazing. I put a radio in their room, so it helps. I think they just like noise and if there is none, they make as much noise as possible. That makes for an uncomfortable day for me. Paulie(the parrot) is way too talkative. He calls T as soon as he hears her voice and asks to be uncovered, and then it begins..he calls the dog and harasses him, calls Gumdrop too and talks constantly as long as he can and then by that time, he has gotten Gumdrop annoyed and he is yelling !! It never ends! I have thought about sending all of them up for adoption, but then what would I do?? I don't think I could take the peace and quiet for long periods of time. I am just too used to the noise. I have another strange story...my sister-in-law passed away a few years ago. She had lung cancer and I called her everyday to chat and to see how she was doing. She always asked to talk to Paulie. I would hold the phone up to the cage and he would repeat her name and everything she said. She would say hey to him and call him a crazy bid, etc. Last week it was really strange, I was in the kitchen and Paulie started yelling, hey, good morning crazy bird, and then it sounded like he said Debra, which was her name. I stopped dead in my tracks and waited to hear it again, it didn't happen. The reason for it being strange is that I, that very a.m. was talking to mom about Debra. It was the anniversary of her death(2 years)..maybe she was just trying to let me know that she was ok?? or maybe the bird just remembered that it was time to talk to her?? I don't know, but it sure got me thru the day thinking about how the crazy bird could remember something that happened two years ago!! Weird!! I do believe that we all go to a better place when we die, but it is still a mystery to me that there are times when we lose people we love and we have strange feelings that they are with us at certain times ..I have felt this, I have even had vivid dreams about my dad, etc. and woke up convienced that he had been there with me. Call me crazy if you'd like, but who knows..we come into this world alone, and we leave alone. Who knows what happens when it ends?? I guess that is why they call it death, we will never be here to tell what happens in the afterlife..it is too bad that we can't leave an object for our love ones and then tell them to watch it for movement if we are able to communicate when we go..ha! Spooky! Maybe I have been reading too many Sylvia Brown books, you think??Anyways, I will close today because I am just too deep in thought to continue this!! Have a nice day! Go Giants!!! Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12:20:00 PM
by Walking Shadow
Delete
1 – 1 of 1
p

No comments: