Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tugs at my heart!

Today I stopped by the vet to get some flea control for Bear for the summer. As I was standing in the office area, I spotted a kennel with two little black labs and I had to go over and play with them. As the puppies had been lacking in attention and human touch, I began to talk and play with them. As puppies often do, they wagged their tails and licked my hands. I looked into their eyes and saw that they needed a new mom. Knowing that my husband would actually kill me if I adopted them, I inquired on what was needed to adopt the two of them. The lady at the vet told me she would give me both puppies for 140.00! What a steal for two sweet black labs. I began to calculate how I could afford the puppies when it came to mind that I needed a fence for my back yard, and two kennels, and then there is Bear, he has been the only one for years, and his personality is not a "share the love" kind. I told the girl I would get back with her and watched the puppies become saddened that I was leaving them there in the vet. My heart was filled with sadness as I left the vet and got into my car. I tried to think of a way I could get the puppies without losing my husband and house in a heated divorce. Then it suddenly came to me. Bear needs to go in for his shots, so I will send him over with T and D to the vet. Once T sees the pups, I know she will not leave the vet without them. In the meantime, I will call a fence company and see what it would cost me to fence in the backyard. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well and my plan of action is one that will work!! I know that my husband cannot resist a crying little girl. He has already proved that when he purchased the parrot and Patagonia birds for T. Let's hope that the pups are still there next month!!! And as for Bear, I think it would be a good experience for him to actually have some company for a change. It would teach him to be more loving and to share. And as for the fence, we need it anyway. Now I just have to find a way to pay for the fence without detection which could ruin the plan!! Hurry up with the stimulus package President Bush!!! If I can't have more kids, I can certainly fill the gap with puppies!! After all, they are human too, right??? Let's hope that my husband doesn't read this blog. He never does, only to update my music, etc. Until tomorrow...

No comments: