Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Today is another beautiful day! T and I overslept today, but she made it to school on time. No tardies this year!! The pollen is terrible this month ,and already wrecking havoc on our sinuses. The rain has helped, but the deck is still covered in a yellow mist! Even Bear is sneezing!! I heard there was a shortage of bumble bees this year, but that is not true for my yard..they are abundant! Thank goodness they don't sting, etc. I am allergic to bees!! It is so nice to look out and see the woods becoming green again!! I love Spring! I still have to get flowers to put on the deck and in my yard, so I am hoping that we have a nice weekend, without rain, so that I can get busy making things look alive again!!
I read a very disturbing article today. It seems three elementary students in south Georgia decided to bring weapons to school to attack their teacher..a third grade teacher!! A student alerted the principal, so they managed to stop the attack!! ! What is the world coming too, when kids are going to be subjected to violence in third grade!!!?? I just don't know how the school system is going to survive when kids are beginning to act like criminals in elementary school!!! It seems that there is no solution that works anymore. Can you imagine what these kids are going to be like as adults? They defy authority and use violence to get their way...in elementary school??!!! What is going on here? When the situation was addressed on tv today, it was merely a blip!! It seems that the democrat's fight for the White House was more important than what is happening to our kids in elementary school. It might be an isolated thing, but everytime you turn on the tv, kids are killing kids, so I guess the solution is to stop watching the news..will that make it go away???
For those of you who watch Larry King, it was pretty interesting last night. Jesse Ventura was there and was urging Americans to write "none of the above" on November's ballot..it was a comical debate. I think he was very conviencing..considering our choices today in this race. I wonder what would happen if everyone in the US did that on election day..maybe that would send a message to Washington??? Can't we all just get along????HA!!

No comments: