Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Somewhat Sunny Day!

Today started out with tornado warnings..and then lots of rain. Finally, the sun is shining through!! We are receiving the end of a tropical storm here in the south, and even though we need the rain, this is so dreary. The leaves are also changing colors, which maybe an indicator of an early fall. The weather is still very warm though, and very, very humid!
I drove T and one of the neighborhood kids to school this am. It was raining, so I did not want her to ride the bus, although, she fought me all the way! I finally won the battle when she saw the tornado warning on the TV. Thankfully, we missed the tornadoes!! She was concerned about her dad. He was on his way to work and the tornado was going towards his area, but luckily, all they got was a lot of rain and wind.
My cousin is getting married this weekend, so I will be going down for the wedding. I can not believe that she is old enough to get married, but she is almost 26. I can remember when she was born!! Oh well, I guess we all have to get older, right?
I am also looking forward to seeing my mom and grandmother. I haven't been home since June, so I need a break. I am going to the doctor today to get some antibiotics for my cold. I have an earache today!! Ouch! I guess the wind from the weekend got to me! This is an awful time of the year for us, sinus infections and colds, the usual. I hopefully will catch the cold before it gets too bad! T has been stuffy all week, but seemed a little better today! Have a good day!

No comments: