Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday's News!

My Aunt Linda came to visit yesterday and went back to her home today. We had a nice visit and a nice St. Patrick's Day! I actually made dinner last night and most of it came out okay (the corned beef was a little dry, but my husband put it on the grill with lots of brown sugar, so it wasn't as bad as we thought!!) I made some really good beer bread and gave it to my aunt to take home with her. She always made me homemade bread when I lived out of state, so although my bread was not as good, it was not bad!! Also, my Aunt Lib sent some gardenias over for my flower garden!! Thanks Aunt Lib!!! I am so excited about planting flowers this weekend. My husband will be busy digging holes for me all weekend, that is if I can decide where I want to put everything!! It turned out to be a beautiful day, but the rain is coming tomorrow again!! I feel sorry for all the people in Atlanta that have to deal with last weekends clean up, and now more rain will prevent them from getting their lives back on track for a few more days!!
T's almost done with her tests. She says the test are easy, so we will see at the end of the school year when the final grades come in!! I am praying that she will do well! She usually does, so I am making sure she gets enough sleep, etc.. I can hardly believe that the school year is almost over..it seems as if it just started!!!! Life moves so quickly!! I guess it is more noticeable when you have a child...time slips away, and before you can catch your breath, they are in college!!! I am so thankful that I have been able to enjoy being at home for the majority of her school years. It has made the other things in life so trivial!!

No comments: